DETERMINING CUSTOMER NEEDS
Many customers come to us with the thought process that they want or need a new set of sheets. With so much miss-information floating around out in the industry about thread count it is up to us to take the time to determine what the client needs in order to maintain a restful sleep.
Ask the client specific questions as to the fabric they wish to purchase in sheets and then take the time to show them all alternatives available and ask them to touch and feel each fabric choice. During this process it is our responsibility to explain the function of each type of fabric and match it against what the client is currently experiencing during sleep and what experience they hope to achieve.
- It’s always a good idea to have 4 sets of sheets per bed: one on the bed, one in the wash, one in the closet, and one for guests. Doubling the number of pillowcases is a good idea too
- Buy extra bottom sheets for the sheets you love, as the bottom sheet usually wears out first
- Rotate your sheets and pillowcases so they wear evenly
- The sheet depth doesn’t need to be the same as the mattress depth to fit
- Use a mattress pad between the mattress and sheets
- Change sheets at least once a week in normal climates, more often in hot and humid regions. Change pillow cases every few days.
- Bamboo sheets wrinkle less than pure cotton
- Bamboo sheets are biodegradable, antibacterial and possess high wicking properties for those who perspire during the night
- Tencel sheets have a beautiful flowing drape and brilliant luster of silk
- Tencel sheets are simple to launder and ironing is much easier than conventional sheets
- Tencel will keep its color and exceptional appearance wash after wash
- Tencel has natural breathability and has 50% greater moisture absorption than cotton
- Cotton is a soft, breathable fabric
- Aruba sateen are a beautiful blend of 60% cotton and 40% polyester
- Aruba sateen are wrinkle resistant, possess good colour retention and is easy care
* Download the full version of “Sheeting” in PDF. Click here.